How to Watch
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7+
- Intel-based Macs with OSX 10.12+
- iOS 11.2+
- Android 6+
- Chrome 77+
- Edge 84+
- Firefox 71+
- Safari 12.1+
- Chrome for android 78+
- Firefox for android 78+
- iOS safari 12+
- Please test your browser: https://festival.thirdi.org/2021/test-your-browser
How to Watch Instructions – On Demand Rentals
On Demand movies can be viewed anytime within the availability watch window, for a period of 24 hrs once you press play on a given movie.
- Once you’ve purchased a film rental or On Demand pass, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to your personal page where you can watch the movie(s).
- If your rental is for a single movie, the link will take you straight to the player. If you purchased an On Demand pass, your personal page will list all the videos you have access to watch.
- Once you’re on the player page, click play. The first time you click play, you’ll receive a prompt that ensures you’re ready to begin your rental period on this browser.
- Once you click play, you cannot play that video on another device or browser, and you will have 24 hours to complete watching the video. See supported devices and browsers below.
- Some rentals offer a playlist option, where you can skip around to go directly to the segments you’d like to view. If your rental has this option, you’ll find the button near the bottom right corner.
- During the Festival, you will have 24 hours to complete watching the film from the time you press play. If you begin a film Nov 16, you must complete it in 24 hrs – by 10pm Nov 17 – when all streaming stops.
How To Watch a LIVE Show
Online LIVE shows happen at a scheduled time, when audiences join together virtually to watch, without the ability to rewind. Audience members can participate in a live chat Q&A, by following the prompts on their screens at the end of the film.
Before the Event
- When you make a purchase for a LIVE event, you’ll receive an email that has your unique access code for each LIVE event (such as 7 Days or In Process With Nishtha Jain). Please make sure you register before the start of the showtime. Also check your SPAM folder for the order confirmation email if you don’t see it in your inbox.
- Each event has its own access code. For example, if you buy a ticket to two different showtimes in one purchase, you will have two unique access codes in your email confirmation.
- Important: Make sure you have autoplay videos enabled for this site. If you don’t, functionality of the live screening will be impaired. Most people do not have this turned off and can ignore this step. If you have turned off autoplay videos, or notice that when a new video loads, it does not automatically play, please enable autoplay for this site. Here are instructions for Safari, Firefox, and Edge.
Joining the Event
- Click “Join Event” in your order confirmation email to open the website to watch the event .
- You will be able to enter your access code as early as 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Before You Watch
- Your access code can only be used on one device in one browser, so before you use your code, please check the following:
- You’re using the device and browser you would like to watch the entire event on.
- If you plan to cast the event to your TV, make sure you are on the same WiFi network as your TV for best results.
Enjoying the Event
- The event will start automatically.
- Since the event is being live streamed, you will not be able to rewind.
- You do not need to click anything throughout the viewing experience. Each part will play automatically, including the pre-show, screening and/or post-show Q&A.
- If you have any trouble with playback, you can always refresh the page without losing access.
Watching the Event On Your TV
There are two methods for watching the event on your television: Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.
If you have an external Google Chromecast set up with your TV or a TV with built-in Google Chromecast (TVs listed here), open the online event link in Chrome and follow these steps to cast the webpage’s video experience to your TV.
You can Chromecast from a Chrome web browser on PC and Mac computers as well as Android devices by selecting the cast button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
You can AirPlay from most browsers if you have Apple TV by selecting the AirPlay button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
Why do I see a black screen if I am watching content with AirPlay on my TV?
You likely have “Screen Mirroring” turned on in your device settings. Please turn off the screen mirroring setting and start AirPlay by selecting the AirPlay button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
Watching the Event On Your Phone or Tablet
You can watch content using Safari on iOS 11.2 or later. Please note that you must have “Screen Mirroring” turned off for content to play, and you cannot use a lightning to HDMI adapter plugged into the device.
You can watch content using Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.